There are 1.09 billion people active on Facebook every day.
Your dream candidate may not be actively searching job boards for work, but there’s a good chance they’ve got a Facebook account.
Using Facebook ads for recruiting employees might be a good option if you’re in a tough job market.
It’s one thing to post a job on Facebook, it’s another to have it successfully recruit quality applicants.
We’ll show you our top tips on how to post jobs on Facebook with the Facebook jobs feature.
1. Create attention-grabbing job postings.
There’s a lot competing for your ideal candidate’s attention on Facebook. So how do you compete?
To get started, you’ll want to do some quick research: Talk to your colleagues and find out what they love most about the job.
This could be the relationships they have with coworkers, the location, the equipment, the benefits, etc.
Now, take everything you’ve learned and make that the focus of your Facebook recruiting strategy.
2. Use Facebook to promote your job fair.
If you’re preparing to do a lot of hiring, a job fair or a smaller job event may be right for you. But how do you make sure it’s well attended?
Here’s another place Facebook can help, with their event-specific ads.
To create these, first, you’ll need to create an event with Facebook.
When you run the ad, Facebook will automatically create a call to action that allows people to say if they’re interested in attending the event and confirm if they plan to attend or not.
People can also like, share and comment on it.
How to Create an Event in Facebook for a Job Fair:
- Login to Facebook.
- Click “Create Event” under “Events” on the left side of the page.
- Add basic event information.
- Add a 1920 x 1080 pixel image.
- Mark the event “public.”
- To boost attendance, promote the event with a Facebook ad.
3. Make a video ad candidates and Facebook will love.
The word is that Facebook has been giving video posts a lot of love in the feed, showing them more often than other posts.
So, video content should be part of your efforts.
Does producing video sound expensive and scary? It used to be much harder than it is now.
But these days we’ve got great little cameras tucked into all our phones.
Following a few simple tips, you can create videos to promote your jobs and company work culture on Facebook.
Tips for Making a Recruiting Video:
- Use a mobile phone made in the last few years.
- Have good lighting on the faces of your subjects (avoid backlighting).
- Hold your phone in the landscape (horizontal) position.
- Try to limit background noise.
- Start fast with a video of employees talking about why they like the company.
To create a video ad, begin the process of creating an ad.
After you’ve selected the type of ad you want (it doesn’t have to be a video views ad) and targeted your audience, you’ll see the option to upload a video in the “Media” section.
4. Tap into your employee’s network of friends.
People tend to build networks of friends with similar interests.
By getting your employees to like your Facebook page, you’re connecting yourself to a network of people who work in your industry.
The most manual method is to invite them individually by going to your Facebook home page, copying and pasting the website address (the URL), and emailing it to employees.
If you’re friends with employees or colleagues on Facebook, you can use the “Invite Friends” feature.
If you’re not connected to people you work with on Facebook, you may want to consider using your email account to connect with them.
Similar article: Do’s and Don’ts of Facebook Marketing.
5. Use Facebook Live to meet potential candidates.
Would you like to be able to connect with potential candidates live, via video?
You could show them what a few minutes on the job are like, introduce some co-workers, or do a question and answer session about a job opening.
Facebook has just come out with a tool that allows you to broadcast live videos right in your Facebook feed. To use it, you’ll need to have Facebook set up on your phone.
How to Use Facebook Live for Recruiting:
- Start promoting the day and time of the live session on social media a week before.
- When you’re ready for the event, open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Navigate to the Facebook page you’re posting to, and tap “Publish.”
- Tap “Live Video.”
- Tap the blue “Go Live” button.
- Let visitors know you’re answering employment questions.
- Watch for questions and comments to appear below the video feed, and answer them with your voice.
When you’re finished, a recorded version of the video will automatically be added to your timeline.
Advice on How to Recruit Employees on Facebook.
Recruiting through Facebook for hard to fill jobs can be very effective.
The key is knowing as much as you can about your ideal employee so that your Facebook job posting is well-targeted to them.
Plus, the cost of testing it is free, plus you can set the budget very low on ads if you decide to test them.
The targeting features that let you narrow your ads to show to people who really fit your employee, also make using Facebook attractive for recruiting for small businesses.
For tips on Facebook Marketing, do follow our page.